This is all in it’s planning infancy but it seem that Idaho Falls is going to get its own century. The tentative details are as follows:
- We will offer 25, 50, 62, 75, and 100 mile options.
- Pricing is $21 for the shorter rides, and $31 for the metric century and greater distances.
- Prices will include tee shirt, goodie bag, a window sticker, etc.
- There will be a ride organized around the greenbelt for kids.
- All options will be flat to rolling.
- Aid stations, sag, mechanical support on the course.
- There will be a post-ride barbeque.
- There will be a post-ride drawing (based on entry number) and a door prize giveaway.
- Attendance at the event will also include access to the Art Museum and the “Cycles of Sam” antique bicycle exhibit. Idaho artists will produce bicycle-related art for the show, to exhibit and/or for sale.
- It will be on the 22nd of August.
- We will have the registration website and course description up on a website soon.
- On site registration and post-ride whoopla will occur in the park south of the Art Museum on the greenbelt.
The proceeds are going to the Art Museum of Eastern Idaho
I saw the map of the proposed route(s). There is a 25 mile loop that runs south of town that stays fairly close of the Snake river most of the time – which ties into a 50 mile loop that is on the northwest side of town that incoporate “the rollers” out by Osgood as well as the Shattuck Butte area – this ties to another 25 mile loop that rolls around Roberts and Lewisville before heading back to town.
More info and links to sites will come as soon as I have them.